Monday, November 20, 2006

Adventure in Babysitting/Going Home

I am going home for Thanksgiving tomorrow afternoon.
I can't wait.

yesterday i babysat for the Blondells. Now as soon as i could get the boys to agree on a plan of activities, we took off on their bikes. we were heading to campus and there is big hill on the way down to campus. Nicholas and William raced on ahead and went down the hill while i helped Simon make his way slowly and safely down. When i got the bottom I was shocked and scared to see William sitting on the crub crying. His bike was going too fast and it slid on piles of leaves on the side of the road and he crashed his bike. He was really shaken but it was only a few scrapes and i knew he'd be fine. so as soon as i could get Nicholas to stop talking and William to calm down we started back to the house. As soon as we got back to their house i called some of the neighboring faculty until i got someone on the phone. Luckily, Mrs. Brothers answered and came over to help calm down and clean up William. She was just what he needed, a motherly figure to help bandage his scrapes. After she left, I made the boys smoothies and very quickly they were ready to go out again and do something else. So we went to the park and played soccer until their parents got home. it was quite an adventure, but it was fun. the Blondell boys are crazy fun kids you just gotta love.

tonight i preview my car plays to Mitch. I perform Casey's at 8:20 tonight and then my group performs mine at 9.
I'm a little nervous about it. I mean i feel that both are ready, but i'm still nervous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we could be there to see your performance! I know you'll do great.
Break a leg!
Glad you'll be home for Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Good Luck with your plays!!! I really wish I could be there to see them!!!!
Lots of love and best wishes!