Monday, January 16, 2006

Three Day Weekend

This weekend is the first weekend after a first week of classes, and it happens to be a three day weekend. And a lot has happened already.

Friday: In the afternoon Vanessa and I went down to State Street to run some errands. I got my hair cut, bought socks and hairdye. Vanessa had to buy some art supplies for class. For dinner we met up Helen, Cory, Kate, Jean, Dylan, Nick, Cal, Emily, Jessica, and Mary. And we ate at California Pasta and it was very satisfying. Then after dinner we went to Borders and looked at the books in the humor section and a few people actually bought stuff. Then we went to this park where there is this totally awesome kids play area, called Kids' World. There we playd sardines and tag. Good times.

Saturday: Kate helped me try to dye my hair brown. By try I mean that my roots took to the dye but the areas that were still black stayed black. So my hair looks kinda emo and Cory said it even looks punkish, so right now I am a emo punk. Hahahe. Later in the evening a group of us went to get boba. Kate, Jean, Yuko, Emily, Mary, Cory, Tyler, Cory's roommate whose name I think is Mark, Nick, and Me.

Sunday: Not much happened for me in the morning. I had stayed up late saturday night and didn't wake up in time for church. So I did a lot of homework. Then later in the evening I meet everyone at dinner and we went back to VK after dinner. There we goofed off for several hours, we found this game online that caught all of our attentions for like a whole hour. It was most amusing. Then Cory, Mary, Kate, and Myself went to Blockbuster and rented Madagascar and got some food at Taco Bell. Then we all watched Madagascar and it was pretty funny.

Now somewhere in there we watched Transporter 2, Clue, and Robin Hood Men In Tights. But I can't remember which nights we watched those.

Today: Today we plan to see Hoodwinked at 5pm. That's all that is planned so far.

3 comments:

Sarah Hamlin said...

How'd you find time to watch all those movies and stuff? Wow.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Kids' Park! We used to make up so many different tag games there. The best was that you could only take 3 large steps between any of the playground equipment, or else you were 'out'. Between that and competing for the best way to "saddle" the whales, we spent hours there. Just don't go in the daytime. The parents tend to get angry when you knock over their children. :)

Anonymous said...

I know I'm commenting on the wrong post...

2 keys to working in the PO at Westmont: 1) take ALL the junk mail that isn't to current students and stuff it one of your friend's box. 2) Try to get golf cart mail duty,it's one of the few way to ride a golf cart around campus WITHOUT getting chased by Campus Safety. :) Or get mail dropoff duty at the end of the day, free use of a car to go downtown and back. I don't think I ever only drove the PO and back... there was usually a quick Blenders stop or something along the way.

And yeah, like G says, look out for angry SB soccer moms at that park. Nighttime is always the way to go!

You really make me miss Westmont, dude.