Tuesday, March 07, 2006

PenPal

So as many of you know I work for Phonathon which is all about calling Westmont alum and bonding with them and then ultimately seeking donations. I was talking with this elderly woman this past Monday night and she mentioned how about three years ago the Phonathon asked she wanted a penpal. And so she did get one and she said she really enjoyed having a Westmont student as a penpal. Well this has gotten me thinking about how penpals are a dying breed. I want to revive this tradition.
I would love to establish a good penpal relationship with someone and to rediscover the fun of sending and receiving letters in the mail. So listen up friends and family back home!! I would love to become your penpal. And to those of my friends here at Westmont, since we are here we don't need to be penpals (especially i see you guys like everyday) BUT during the summer I would love to be your penpal.
Now I wouldn't mind being electronic penpals via e-mail, but I prefer to do penpals the traditional way of sending letters in the mail.

Matt:
Remember when we were penpals? Haha, even though you lived just around the block. I'm glad we did that though, because as we got older it got harder to hang out and keep in touch. I think I still have the letters you sent me in a file in my room at home. And I'm glad we are communicating via blogs and AIM. Keep in touch buddy!!

Comments? Thoughts? Questions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am all over that like white on rice! as soon as i have an address for summer i willexchange with you!

Anonymous said...

hey dude. i ahvent turned my computer on the last few days, and havent visited your blog for a while.

i also saved those letters. it was a good way to keep in touch. i am glad we still talk from time to time, but i am going to try to read your blog more often.

peace out